NewWave Communications, a growing company providing cable television, high speed internet, and digital telephone service, is seeking an Installer Technician for the Paris IL area.
Under supervision, performs basic installations, disconnects, reconnects, and service changes for residential and business customers for NewWave Communication services. Perform basic troubleshooting from tap to customer’s electronic devices. Educate customers regarding their existing and new services, inform them about other NewWave services, and propose solutions to customer problems. Describe the advantages of and sell additional NewWave services to customers. Work outside on customer’s premises or within customer’s home.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
• Plans daily route, requisitions equipment and supplies, and stocks vehicle; maintains company truck.
• Determines customer’s current service levels, inquires into customer preferences and needs, and recommends company service upgrades or additional products.
• Resolve customer complaints.
• Installs, tests, and troubleshoots NewWave services from tap to TV.
• Use small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment.
• Educate customers in the use of installed products.
• Explain waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures.
• Completes work orders and other documentation.
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
• Contribute to the company vision.
• Provide excellent customer communication skills and be willing to work a variety of hours.
• Be educated in technical terms and procedures as associated with cable television and high speed internet.
• Be able to follow detailed instructions and complete all tasks in an efficient manner.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must have valid state driver’s license, a good driving record, auto insurance, and able to pass pre-employment drug screen test.
• Field service experience with cable, telecommunications, or electronic equipment preferred.
• Skill in using a Windows-based PC a plus.
• Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
• Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company policies.
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds).
• Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
• Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
• Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
• Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
• Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position.
• Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs).
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work while standing 50 – 70% of the time.
• Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections.
• Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety procedures.
• Ability to work with appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.)
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics.
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Live within the NewWave service area.
High School Diploma or equivalent
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Entry level position
• Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat.
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions.
• Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night.
• Work performed near power lines and electricity.
• Work and travel in inclement weather
This position includes a competitive salary, health insurance, vacation, sick pay, paid holidays, 401k and other benefits available.
Please submit cover letter, resume’ and three professional references to:
ATTN: Human Resources Manager
JOB ID #: 5-12-752-7
One Montgomery Plaza, 4th Floor
Sikeston, MO 63801
EMAIL: email@example.com OR
DATE POSTED: 2/14/13
DATE CLOSED: 6/01/13